Monday, August 6, 2007

Confessions of a Panel Whore

So it would appear that our bountiful Lord does indeed have time for a media rent-a-gob.

I was beginning to worry that my policy of 'putting myself about' was starting to look a bit cheap. I have been seriously contemplating cutting back on the press releases and speaking engagements to keep something back for the memoirs. ('What memoirs are those then?' asks my wife)

But things are not what they seem.

There is an upside to being a panel whore.

Namely an invitation to participate in a panel discussion at no less an event than Venezia Digitale 2007.



Nice.

Particularly as I am a big fan of Tracey Emmin and was wondering how I was going to get to Venice to see her pavilion at the Biennale. Particularly, moreover, as I have never been to Venice before.

And I can take my wife. She may scoff at the notion of anyone being interested in my memoirs - but she can't scoff at an expenses paid trip to see our Trace's triumphant two fingers to the doubting intelligentsia.

Even if it does mean listening to me trying to sound authoritative on the subject of digital production strategies for an hour and a half. At least I think that's what I'm talking about ... do I get paid for this one?