Monday, July 23, 2007

When is a Blog not a Blog?

When you don't put anything of yourself into it.

So, I am Miles Bullough, 49, and really far too old to be trying out a new form of self-expression.

I am Head of Television at Aardman Animations and I think I have one of the best jobs going. I love animation, I love working in TV, I'm Head of TV at one of the world's great animation studios. How cool is that?

I have been doing some rent-a-gob public speaking recently and realised that I have been doing this TV animation thing for a while and people are actually quite interested in what I have to say and in what I have done.

So I thought I'd try this. The first few posts were a bit 'experimental'. Now I am going to write about things that I actually know about rather than try to pretend that I'm 22 and cool.

I've posted my filmography, quite a big thing for someone like me to do. One of the inadequacies of the Internet is incomplete information about people like me. IMDB and all those places only get half of it right. There should be somewhere on the web that gets it right, right?

Let this be it, as far as my biography is concerned.

It's a bit scary - speak when you are spoken to and all that - doesn't really apply to blogging does it?

Let's see how it goes.